Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Welcome Students

My name is Janet Sackey and I am currently a senior here at West Chester University. I study History and Web Technology and I often get that loaded question,"What are you going to do with that?". That question takes the form of a pin, made to pop your dreams and belittle your passion and ambition. The person is really thinking "you are not going to make money studying that"... I have come across many students like me who have gone the unpaved route and are studying a subject that they love.  I study History to understand the world around me and also the roots of People of Color around the world from America to Ghana. I have aspirations to create an online platform highlighting the diverse narratives of the American Mosaic, focusing on stories in communities of color.  I wanted to create this blog so that the voices, dreams, fears, and stories of college students could be heard so that one could feel less alone in this big world. So my answer to that question is "well I'll just have to show you"! 


No comments:

Post a Comment