Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Looking Good on a Budget!!!

Many people stop me on the street to ask me where I get my clothing and I always chuckle and smile and say " the thrift store." I am talking about the gritty, stale smelling thrift stores which smells like a n old persons shack, those are where all the goodies are.  I don't like the  fancy thrift and consignment shops  Mackamore sang about in his popular song Thrift Shop. Yet through attending West Chester I have noticed that getting dressed or just looking professional isn't priority here, Uggs, hoodies, sweatshirts, leggings and fleeces are the uniform of the land and preferred by the majority.  Ever since I was little I used fashion as a way to express myself, and It has become my form of expression to communicate my values and views of the world. I believe must understand that fashion, or ones style,  is non verbal communication which often times is the first thing a bystander notices about you. Dressing well translates, discipline, decorum and professionalism.

I understand the financial burden fashion can sometimes be, so I complied this list of affordable stores you can go to, to buy essential pieces for professionalism and even daily wear. 


 Unisex List of Essential Clothing a College Student Should Have:
  1. Blazer (Dark Pinstripe, Tweed, Solid Colors)
  2. Jackets (Sports Jacket, Suit Jacket, Solid Colors)
  3. Button Down Shirt ( Blue, White, Funky Designs (Depends on Job or Environment), Black)
  4. Dress Pants
  5. Pencil Skirts
  6. Little Black Dress ( Coco Chanel swears by it)
  7.  Polo Sweaters
  8. Collard Shirts
  9. Cardigan
  10. Shoes ( Dress Shoes, Mary Jane Heels
  11. Fitted Suit ( Blue, Black, Navy, Solid Colors


List of Affordable Stores in the West Chester Area:


Salvation Army
Address: 250 E Market St #1, West Chester, PA 19382













  • When thrifing be sure to think quality over quantity, look out for great brands and fabrics

Church Thrift Store
Hours: Every Friday from 9am to 2pm
Address: Near the 7/11 on High Street 




Plato's Closet 
Address: 213 W Lincoln Hwy, Exton, PA 19341
http://www.platosclosetexton.com/

















No comments:

Post a Comment